Tuesday, May 2, 2017

The Great IT Debacle - April 12

Sorry for the long dry email absence. All is well on the AT. Let's just say iPhone and tablet workings is not my strong suite.

It all started with a trip to the laundromat. Should be simple enough except when you are going to wash every piece of clothing you own, what do you wear to the laundromat? Best Wife poked around in our Palmerton, PA bunkhouse until she found a pair of women's shorts a couple sizes too small and a HS football jersey that smelled like it hadn't been washed since the beginning of the season.

We walked the three blocks to the laundromat and went about our clothes cleaning business. While waiting for the clothes to dry I extracted my phone from the girls shorts pocket only to see all the icons on the screen doing the dance. Sure enough, I had deleted a couple apps from my phone, namely my gmail app and my contacts. All, and I mean all the contacts are no longer in my phone. Not a good day. A few days later a buddy showed me how to get the gmail app back but still no contacts.

But the hiking is as good as ever. A couple pics here are of the climb coming out of Palmerton. A really really fun climb, probably the best so far.

We had a wonderful visit from the Vorimos. They brought all kinds of food to eat on the spot and some trail food for the next several days. Yea Vorimos.

I picked up this apple at the Palmerton grocery store because it's heavenly to eat an apple while hiking. So very disappointed with this one.

This four trunk tree can't hold a candle to "seven trunks" during our first week but still worth seeing.

I found this rock that was perfectly suited for laying on, so I did.

1 comment:

  1. I remember climbing Lehigh Gap on a hot day in September. It was HARD, but very cool! Your picture is a great one to show how steep and tall it is. Nice!

    ReplyDelete