Monday, July 24, 2017

Snake - July 24

Yesterday Best Wife and Pappy 12 got back on the trail after a resupply a great church service in Pittsfield, Mass. hiked 4 miles to Brassie Brook Shelter which Best Wife is so expertly sweeping in a picture below. We slept inside the shelter instead of tenting because no other hikers were there and because rain was in the forecast. Good move because it did rain that night and on into the morning. Nothing worse than cooking and eating breakfast in the tent and then packing up everything wet.

The snake pictured below hardly moved from the trail as we passed by. I took a few steps down the trail and stopped to see what he would do. He came back onto the trail and promptly gobbled up a salamander that I hadn't even seen.

While Best Wife was crossing the stream in a picture below I was trying to take her picture but my phone was wet and not willing to take any photos. While I was putting it away I heard Best Wife take a hard fall. I looked up to see her lying on her back on a large rock in the middle of the stream. She couldn't roll to either side or she would end up in the drink. I hustled over and found her laughing at her predicament. We got her to her feet (completely saturated) and on her way.

No comments:

Post a Comment