Saturday, July 1, 2017

1000 - June 26

Best Wife and Pappy 12 hit the big one a couple days ago. 430 miles in March and April from VA to NY, then 570 miles in May and June from GA to VA. 1000 miles under the belt feels good. Only 1200 to go and we'll call it good.

The honey bun in the center of each zero represents the core of our, I mean, my diet. They are central to all we/I do. Long live Little Debbie honey buns. We, I mean, I would never make it without them. I'm sure the other snacks in the 1000 picture are significantly symbolic of other things, I just don't know what they are.

Cool suspension bridge, just for hikers to cross a river. Plenty of deflection but no failure.

Last email I mentioned a lone rock on a sign or post. Picture below is what I mean.

I love how the tree is trying so hard to grow around the rock. Another 40 years and either the tree will have swallowed the rock or the tree will be lying on the ground dead. Somebody check it out then and let us know how it turned out.

The 1890 chestnut log home pictured below is our hostel tonight, called Woods Hole Hostel near Pearisburg, VA. Classiest place we have ever stayed in. Michael, the hostel owner, picked up our packs this morning so we could slack pack to his hostel. Problem was he had to park on the opposite side of the river from where we tented. Picture below is Michael (followed by his dog) carrying a pack across the river on a fallen tree. Go for it.

1 comment:

  1. 1000 miles. What an accomplishment! Congratulations. Enjoy your zero days with family.

    ReplyDelete