Wednesday, June 21, 2017

A Sock and a Smile - June 19

June 21 is Hike Naked day. Not sure how Best Wife and Pappy 12 will handle this one. I think I'll just wear one sock. If anybody has a good idea for June 21 pass it on. Yesterday we stopped for lunch at a beautiful waterfall. My feet were soaking in the water below the falls during lunch. Afterward Best Wife and I were the only two around so I took advantage of the privacy and left my shirt and shorts on a log for a little skinny dipping. No sock, just a smile. Those pictures are for family only.

Had a fantastic hike through Grayson Highlands and the ponies. Beautiful scenery. Pastures with grazing wild ponies. Best Wife got a little too close to one mama. BW knew to stay clear of the rear of the horse because they will kick. As she was standing beside the horse she didn't realize how quickly the horse could move and kick her. One hoof to Best Wife's buttocks made her a believer.

The name of the fella sitting in the shelter is "Two Trails". Most AT thru hikers have trail names, some given to them by other hikers, some hikers make up there own. Some are straightforward like "Bagel" (he eats a lot of bagels). Some are clever. "No Key" sold his car and house before he started his hike so he no longer has any keys. I like it.

I was asked this week if my Pappy 12 name came from the super high dollar whiskey. Not quite.

"Two Trails" name is significant. Last year he and his brother were planning to thru hike the AT together. Before they started their hike, his brother was killed in a car accident. 150 miles into his hike, a fellow hiker heard the story and told him that he and his brother were on two different trails, hence the name.

I've never seen a bat before while hiking. This little guy simply flew into the shelter while we were eating lunch and hung out with us.

What do you do with your pack while food shopping? The last picture tells it. In the shopping cart (or buggy down here) it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Let me get this straight. You actually WERE naked on the trail (in the water near the trail at least) on Hike Naked Day???? Lol!!!!

    ReplyDelete